Single stream recycling simplifies how recycling is done by allowing paper, cardboard, plastic, metal & glass to be “co-mingled,” or in one bin.
A few reminders, however:
1) RECYCLABLES MUST BE LOOSE — never contained in a closed bag;
2) CARDBOARD should be FLATTENED;
3) LARGER PLASTIC ITEMS should be recycled in the “LARGE PLASTIC ITEMS” drop-off;
4) PLASTIC BAGS should be BUNCHED TOGETHER inside another bag – never loose.
These simple steps facilitate operations at the sorting facility, and ensure that the materials you’ve made the effort to recycle are actually recycled!
— This is an announcement from the Darien Recycling Center on Facebook. Like that page on Facebook and you can get your tips directly, as soon as they come out, and keep informed on other recycling information. Find out more about recycling in Darien here.
Other recent recycling tips:
- What You Can Do with Bags
- Recycle old smoke detectors.
- You can recycle working markers, pens or pencils.
- Recycling used paper towels?
- On recycling usable and unusable clothing, shoes, linens and accessories like purses and backpacks.
- About recycling various types of metal items.
- What to do with large plastic items.