A Darien man who left $360 in cash “in plain view” on the front passenger seat of a car parked in Noroton Heights and then went into a store, returned about five minutes later, and it was already too late.
The front driver’s side window of the 2015 Subaru Impreza was smashed and the cash was gone.
The 36-year-old man told police that the incident occurred at about 3 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 17, in the parking lot in front of Walgreens at 138 Heights Road.
- After 20 Vehicles Entered, Several Thefts, 2 Cars Stolen in Two Weeks, Police Arrest 2 Teens (Feb. 23)
- Nine Vehicles Entered, Some Missing Items & One Stolen in Southwestern Corner of Darien (Feb. 22)
- Unlocked in Darien: Police Ask Residents to Lock Cars, Prevent Thefts (Feb. 16)
- Police: One Teen Caught After Car Stolen in Stamford Crashes in Darien (Feb. 16)
- Car Stolen in Noroton Bay Neighborhood, Two Others Entered (Feb. 14)
The man had parked next to a green Subaru with two people in it and then left to pick up something in Stop and Shop supermarket, next door to Walgreens.
No other vehicles had smashed windows, and nothing came of police asking other people in the parking lot if they had seen anything.
The police report said the cash was “in plain view” on the seat.
Like this article? …
- Sign up for the Darienite.com weekday newsletter.
- Like Darienite.com on Facebook.
- Follow Darienite.com on Twitter.