With spring on the horizon, you may be considering if 2018 is the year to sell your home. One of the most compelling reasons to put your home on the market this year is that current interest rates, just above 4 percent, are still low by historical standards.
They can help make a transaction easier for both the buyer of your home and for your next home purchase. Rates are predicted to rise and the current low rates can serve as an impetus for potential homebuyers to purchase sooner rather than later.
Another factor to consider is that with the passing of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act at the end of 2017, there may be added interest from people moving from areas with higher property taxes, such as nearby Westchester County.
Your Darien home offers the homebuyer small-town coastal living, a highly-ranked school system, and a convenient commute to New York City with relatively lower taxes.
Ultimately, the decision to sell your home is a highly personal one and many factors must be taken into consideration, including your own life plans and the condition and marketability of your home.
The length of time on market may be affected by demand in the price range and “move-in readiness” of your home. In 2017, the most demanded price range of homes in Darien were priced between $1 million and $1.5 million, accounting for 104 home sales, followed by homes priced between $1.5 million and $2 million, accounting for 56 home sales.
You can get more information on the house at 17 Sunnyside Ave., pictured above, here.
Diane Farrell is a realtor with Houlihan Lawrence in Darien. A 20-year town resident, she is a board member of the Tree Conservancy of Darien. Her marketing and public relations business, Farrell Marketing and Media is based in Darien. You can reach her at email@example.com or (203) 984-0644.
Farrell on Real Estate:
- Sell Now or Later? Some Things to Consider: Farrell on Real Estate (March 1)
- Top Ways to Spruce Up Your Home If You’re Gearing Up to Sell It: Farrell on Real Estate (Feb. 7)
- Return on Investment for Home Improvement Projects: Diane Farrell on Real Estate (Feb. 1)
Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Reports:
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: Feb 22 to March 1 (March 1)
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: Feb 15 to 22 (Feb. 22)
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: Feb 8 to 15 (Feb. 15)
Darien home sales:
- West Ave Home Goes for $1.25 Million and Other Darien Home Sales (March 1)
- Maple Ave House Sells for $750,000 and Other Darien Home Sales (Feb. 22)
- Hillside Ave House Goes for $665,000 and Other Darien Home Sales (Feb. 15)
Like this article? …
Sign up for the Darienite.com newsletter.
Like Darienite.com on Facebook.
Follow Darienite.com on Twitter.