With summer winding down, but August not quite over, we can take a look at some July real estate numbers in Darien.
The median sale price of single family homes increased by 16 percent over July of last year and the average sale price increased by 12.6 percent over last year.
The median sale price for a single family home was $1,525,000 while the average sale price was $1,682,764.
Thirty-four homes have sold, a 6.3 percent increase over June 2018, but a 27.7% decrease over July of 2017.
Darien homes were on the market for an average of 117 days (a significantly longer time than in 2017) but sold at almost 95 percent of sales price.
Inventory was significantly higher than July of last year (65.2 percent), but lower than June of 2018 by 18.3 percent.
Diane Farrell is a realtor with Houlihan Lawrence in Darien. A 20-year town resident, she is a board member of the Tree Conservancy of Darien. Her marketing and public relations business, Farrell Marketing and Media is based in Darien. You can reach her at firstname.lastname@example.org or (203) 984-0644.
Farrell on Real Estate:
- Here’s Why Home Buyers Should Have an Agent: Farrell on Real Estate (Aug. 2)
- A Darien Real Estate Buyer’s Market in the Second Quarter of 2018 (July 18)
- Will Having a Swimming Pool Help You Sell Your Home? (July 5)
- When the Price is Right in Selling Your Home — and When It Isn’t (May 24)
Darien home sales:
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: Aug 16 to 23 (Aug. 26)
- Holmes Ave. House Sells for $802,500 and Other Darien Home Sales (Aug. 16)
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: Aug 2 to 9 (Aug. 10)
Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Reports: