Darien EMS-Post 53 will hold its 31st annual Memorial Day Food Fair at Tilley Pond Park on May 27th following the Memorial Day parade.
Money raised at the Fair provides equipment and supplies for patient care; supports training, hands-only CPR and Stop the Bleed classes; and maintains ambulances.
— an announcement from Darien EMS-Post 53
The Fair, a 31-year Darien tradition, begins immediately after the parade and continues until 2 p.m. featuring fun for the entire community.
Admission tickets are $5.00 and can be purchased at the gate as well as outside local businesses around town prior to Memorial Day.
As always, the fair will include a tasty and tempting food selection. Post members will be hard at work grilling hamburgers and bratwurst, and serving pulled pork sliders, seafood salad, buffalo chicken and vegetarian wraps, delicious desserts and more.
Suppliers include Palmer’s Market, Michael Joseph’s, Fisherman’s Net, The Goose American Bistro & Bar, Espresso NEAT and The Boatyard at Smokey Joe’s BBQ.
The Darien Community Band will play at noon, and James Crafford, a Darien High School alumnus, will play before and after their performance. In addition, visitors can tour Post 53’s new ambulances, onsite for the day.
The silent auction will feature a fabulous array of items including:
- Two coveted parking spaces near the Darien train station from June to December 2019
- New York Yankees, Giants and Rangers tickets
- A Woodway Country Club bowling party
- A ski-house stay in Utah
- Jet Blue airline tickets
- Fitness items from Joyride Darien, Lymbr, The Bar Method, Club Pilates and Equinox
- Beauty items from Lanphier Day Spa, Le Boudoir Blow Dry Bar and Andrew Stefaneau Salon & Spa
- An after-hours shopping party at Morley
- Items from Everything is Rosie, Kirby and Company, and Nielsen’s Florist
- Jewelry from KVO Collections and Keiley Fuller
- Vineyard Vines apparel
- Test prep classes from C2 Education and Prep For Success
- Restaurant/food gift certificates from Darien Butcher Shop, Fjord Fish Market, Uncle’s Deli and Caffé Nero
Founded in 1970, Post 53 provides emergency medical services to the Darien community at the highest level of excellence, using Darien High School students, adult volunteers and paramedics.
The members of Post 53 are committed to achieving and maintaining the highest level of training and skill in providing pre-hospital care and transport to the citizens of Darien.
Post 53 is recognized locally and nationally as one of the finest emergency ambulance services in the United States, for its consistently high quality of pre-hospital emergency care.