A judge agreed Wednesday to grant probation to two Darien teenagers who were charged in November in connection with the assault on a New Canaan boy, and after community service is completed, there won’t be a record of the criminal case, the attorney for one of the teens said. Editor’s note: This article has been updated at 8:43 p.m., with comments from Jack Joyce’s attorney and with a correction. Attorney Stephen Seeger of Stamford said his client, Brian Minicus, 18, “apologized to the victim and to his own family,” at the hearing in state Superior Court in Norwalk. Minicus had previously apologized to the victim. According to Hearst Newspapers, Minicus said at the court hearing:
“I want to apologize to the victim, my family, especially my mom and dad, and all of Darien.