The Gin Blossoms will perform Thursday night, July 19 in Columbus Park in Downtown Stamford in the latest Alive@Five concert.
Two bands will perform on the same stage that night: Tonic and Vertical Horizon. The event costs $20 and starts at 5 p.m.
The Gin Blossoms have undoubtedly left their mark on the Rock music map. The Grammy nominated band’s fusion of Melodic Rock, Pop, Folk and Country elements has helped pave the way for the modern Rock of today.
— An announcement from the Stamford Downtown Special Services District
“Until I Fall Away,” “Found Out About You,” “Hey Jealousy” and “Allison Road” are just a few of their hit tracks and fans can look forward to a new record release this summer!
With six top 10 singles, over 4 million records sold, multiple Grammy nominations, platinum albums, hit songs around the world including, “If You Could Only See,” it is safe to say that Tonic is a musical powerhouse.
Merging the raw honesty of rock with their unabashed melodies Tonic have helped usher rock n roll into the new millennium. toniconline.com
Alternative rock band, Vertical Horizon, best known for their smash single “Everything You Want” formed in 1991 at Georgetown University.
After nearly three decades together the band has tour extensively, released several albums and had several hits including “You’re a God” and “Best I Ever Had (Grey Sky Morning). verticalhorizon.com
If You’re Going …
- Alive@Five events start at 5 p.m. at Columbus Park in Stamford.
- $20 entrance fee to attend the Alive@Five Festival.
- You must be 21 or older for admission. Infants and strollers prohibited.
- Photo ID is required for admission (valid and current motor vehicle operator’s license, identity card issued by the state Department of Motor Vehicles, or a passport along with another form of photo ID with date of birth).
- No Re-entry. Once you leave the music venue, you may not re-enter on same ticket.
- No entry through restaurant/bar/office back doors. Everyone must enter through single main entrance located on Main Street at Atlantic Street with multiple entry portals.
- As is City of Stamford policy, police reserve the right to limit entry due to crowd control, regardless of whether or not a patron has a ticket.
- No backpacks or oversized bags larger than 18″x14″
- No coolers
- No chairs
- No bicycles or skateboards
- No weapons or firearms
- No containers of any kind
- No liquids or alcohol or illegal substances of any kind
- No pets
- No drones
- No cameras with detachable lenses, video cameras or recording devices of any kind