The Community Fund of Darien seeks a professional with strong organizational, computer and communication skills to provide overall office management and technical support for a small nonprofit agency dedicated to improving the quality of life in Darien, Stamford and Norwalk by funding vital human services and community programs.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Office Manager will provide overall office administration and management, including but not limited to:
* Manage office maintenance, supplies, service contracts, professional office appearance, calendar and scheduling
* Provide administrative support to Executive Director, as well as to Development Director, Grants Director and Thriving Youth Program Coordinator as needed
* Maintain website and coordinate postings on social media; send press releases to local media
* Coordinate volunteers to assist TCF in a variety of projects
* Coordinate TCF special events; design invitations (online and printed), track RSVPs, make gift bags, name tags, coordinate decorations, menu, etc.
* Work with Development Director to assist with data entry and acknowledgement letters; assist with office mailings
* Board meeting preparation and email correspondence with board
* Assist the Chair of the Human Services Planning Council and other board chairs as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
* B.A./B.S, 3-5 yrs minimum of prior office management experience;
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to maintain positive relationships with donors, board members and volunteers.
* Organizational, clerical and computer skills.
* Experience with MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Publisher and ability to learn eTapestry donor management database program. Knowledge of mail merge for letters and labels.
* Assist with office mailings, event invitations and other promotional mailings. Compile and check mailing lists for accuracy, ensure adequate supplies of materials
* Process donations and generate acknowledgement letters. Help maintain donor files.
25 hours per week (Mon – Fri 10am – 3pm). Flexibility to work evenings and additional hours, if needed.
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
— an announcement from the Community Fund of Darien