Darien Arts Center has just released its schedule of mini-classes to be held at is its Open House on Tuesday, Aug. 29 from 1 to 4 p.m.
The annual Open House gives newcomers, friends of current students and those unfamiliar with the DAC, the opportunity to visit its facilities that include a black box theatre, a large Visual Arts Studio and one of the best dance spaces in Fairfield County.
All ages are invited to participate in free mini-classes in dance, visual arts and kids’ theatre, find out about programs, meet DAC board members and faculty, and enjoy music performed by DAC music students and teachers.
Information will be provided about participation and volunteer opportunities with their community theatre group, DAC Stage, and Darien’s Got Talent, returning in 2018.
Darien Arts Center Open House Schedule
- 1 to 2 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Enjoy cupcakes & lemonade and music performed by music department faculty and students. Find out more about DAC Stage and Darien’s Got Talent.
- 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. — Visual Arts Studio: Printmaking project for all ages.
- 2:00 to 2:20 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Mini-dance class for preschoolers.
- 2:20 to 2:40 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Kid’s Theatre Intro, pre-k-gr. 2
- 2:40 to 3 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Martial Arts mini-class for all ages.
- 3 to 3:20 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Hip Hop mini-dance class for grades 1-3.
- 3:20 to 3:40 p.m. — DAC Weatherstone Studio: Theatre games for ages 5-8.
To find out more about the DAC Open House, visit the website or call (203) 655-8683. The DAC is located at 2 Renshaw Road, behind the Darien Town Hall.
About the DAC
Founded in 1975, the Darien Arts Center (DAC) is a non-profit organization dedicated to providing visual and performing arts programs and events for the community.
The DAC offers educational programs in Dance, Visual Arts, Music & Theatre as well as special events and community theatre produced by DAC Stage.
Private donations, grants, tuition fees & ticket sales fund the DAC, which is located at 2 Renshaw Road, behind the Town Hall. For further information, call (203) 655-8683 or visit darienarts.org.