Darien’s varsity girls dive team was the only team at the Class L CIAC Diving Championships last Thursday, Nov. 8 to place three divers in the Top 10.
— an announcement from the Darien High School varsity girls dive team
Julia Servas captured 4th place with a total of 430.30 points. Lana Schmidt edged out her closest competitor by 0.55 points to secure 7th place (376.50) and Emma Hunter battled a Wilton diver to grab 10th place by a margin of 2 points (329.90). DHS junior Kerry McDermott also competed in the meet rounding out the team.
“I am really proud of these girls and how well they dove at States,” Head Coach Kyle O’Donnell said. “I am excited to see Julia and Lana perform at Opens this week.”
The divers’ competitive finish places the Blue Wave swimmers in a strong position heading into the Swim finals on Nov. 13. The divers amassed 64 team points that will be added to the swimmers’ score to determine the Class L champion.
Servas and Schmidt qualified for the Diving Opens Championship scheduled for November 15 (Middletown High School). The DHS juniors will compete in a field of 24 divers and have been seeded 10th and 20th place, respectively.
Class L CIAC Diving Results:
1. Farrah Volpintesta, Immaculate-Bethel 521.85
2. Charlotte Frank, New Canaan 445.20
3. Sienna Breton, Cheshire 437.35
4. Julia Servas, Darien 430.30
5. Zoe Baker, Hall 392.25
6. Olivia Quinn, New Canaan 388.80
7. Lana Schmidt, Darien 376.50
8. Haley Jaquith, E.O. Smith 375.95
9. Natalie DeMatteo, Cheshire 344.20
10. Emma Hunter, Darien 329.90
11. Marra Woodring, Wilton 327.90
12. Ella Olafsson, New Canaan 326.20
13. Sydney Golas, Hall 321.60
14. Amy Malburg, Wilton 319.70
15. Sienna Brodeur, Wethersfield 319.00
16. Alyssa Cervero, Lyman Hall 314.45
17. Kendall Somma, New Canaan 309.70
18. Suzanne Malburg, Wilton 303.60
19. Julia Markward, Pomperaug 295.95
20. Rachel Kirby, New Milford 282.00
21. Adriana Mieses-Sanchez, Windsor 281.10
22. Rose Cunningham, Middletown 278.65
23. Kayla Paparzzo, Conard 271.70
24. Sadie Booth, Guilford 267.30