Police: Three Darien Men Recently Charged in Separate Domestic Incidents

Download PDF

Darien police responded to several unrelated domestic incidents in recent weeks  resulting in criminal charges being filed against three town residents, including a charge of fourth-degree sexual assault in one case.

Police described the incidents with these accounts; no accusations have been proven in court:

July 28, Misdemeanor Sexual Assault Charge

On July 28, at 10:20 a.m., a victim told police that a man, a 50-year-old resident of Turnabout Lane, had made “several unwanted sexual contacts” with the victim over the past several months, according to a police news release. “Video evidence was provided to corroborate the allegations,” the news release said. It provided no details of what was in the video or videos.

Police applied for an arrest warrant for the man and received it on Aug. 6. That day, the man turned himself in at Darien Police Headquarters, where he was charged with fourth-degree sexual assault (a misdemeanor). He then was released on a promise to appear in state Superior Court in Stamford, where his case continues.

Aug. 2, Disorderly Conduct Charge

A 20-year-old Tulip Tree Lane man “engaged in physical contact” with a victim during an argument on Aug. 2. The police news release did not describe in any way what the physical contact was. Police were called at 9:31 p.m. and issued the man a misdemeanor summons charging him with disorderly conduct. He was scheduled to appear the next day in state Superior Court in Stamford.

Aug. 8, Strangulation, Assault Charges

At 11:50 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 8, police were called after an argument turned violent. A 30-year-old West Avenue man put the victim in a headlock and “caused injury to the victim’s face,” according to a police news release. Police gave no details about the injury or injuries.

Police applied for and received an arrest warrant for the man. The warrant was approved the next day, and that day the man was taken into custody by Stamford police.

He was taken to Darien Police Headquarters and initially held on a court-set bond of $25,000. A state bail commissioner later eliminated the bond, and the man was released. He first appeared in state Superior Court in Stamford on Tuesday, Aug. 9, and his case continues there.


Comments are closed.