“Crazy Rich Asians” is tonight’s Darien Library Friday Night Feature, with two showings — at 6:30 and 8:45 p.m.
The romantic comedy, released earlier this year in theaters, follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu (Constance Wu) as she accompanies her longtime boyfriend, Nick Young (Henry Golding), to his best friend’s wedding in Singapore.
— an announcement from Darien Library
Excited about visiting Asia for the first time but nervous about meeting Nick’s family, Rachel is unprepared to learn that Nick has neglected to mention a few key details about his life.
It turns out that he is not only the scion of one of the country’s wealthiest families but also one of its most sought-after bachelors.
Being on Nick’s arm puts a target on Rachel’s back, with jealous socialites and, worse, Nick’s own disapproving mother (Michelle Yeoh) taking aim. And it soon becomes clear that while money can’t buy love, it can definitely complicate things.
—Starring Constance Wu, Henry Golding, Michelle Yeoh, Gemma Chan, Lisa Lu; Rated PG-13 for some suggestive content and language; 120 minutes; Presented with captions for the hearing impaired.
Official website | IMDb.com | Metacritic | Rotten Tomatoes | Wikipedia
- Stars of ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ react to Golden Globe nominations
- ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Sequels Will Film Back-to-Back, Likely in 2020
- Three reasons ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ flopped in China
- 7 Spots in Singapore Every ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ Fan Needs to See
- The Crazy Rich Asians guide to Singapore: film locations you can actually visit
- The ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ guide to Singapore | CNN Travel – CNN.com