In Elf, The Musical, a fish-out-of-water comedy based on the cherished 2003 holiday movie, we follows Buddy the Elf in his quest to find his true identity.
Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth.
— an announcement from Curtain Call Theater
With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity.
Faced with the harsh realities that his father is on the naughty list and his half-brother doesn’t even believe in Santa, Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
This modern-day holiday classic is sure to make everyone embrace their inner elf. After all, the best way to spread Christmas Cheer is singing loud for all to hear.
The musical features songs by Tony Award nominees, Matthew Sklar and Chad Beguelin (Disney’s Aladdin on Broadway, The Wedding Singer), with a book by Tony Award winners, Thomas Meehan (Annie, The Producers, Hairspray) and Bob Martin (The Drowsy Chaperone).
If You’re Going …
- When: Performances are Fridays, Saturdays and some Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.; Sundays and some Saturdays at 2 p.m., through the end of the show’s run on Saturday, Dec. 15. Doors open one half hour before performances.
- Where: Curtain Call’s Kweskin Theater, 1349 Newfield Avenue in Stamford. Matinees start at 2 p.m.
- Buy tickets online here. Prices: Adults, $35; Children and those under 21, $17.50; Seniors aged 62+, $25; “Thrifty Thursday” tickets, $27.50. Seating Chart here.
- Box Office: (Located in the Curtain Call Main Office across the driveway from The Kweskin Theatre.) To reach the Box Office, please call (203) 461-6358 or email BoxOffice@curtaincallinc.com. Box office is open:
—Tuesday and Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
—Performance Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 3 to 11 p.m.
Sundays,, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
(If unable to attend, you may consider donating your tickets to the theatre in exchange for a contribution receipt.)