All Our Exes Live in Texas performs in a free, outdoor concert from 8 to 9:30 p.m., Friday, Aug. 10 at the Levitt Pavilion in Westport.
All Our Exes Live in Texas is a fantasy draft of Australia’s finest singer-songwrit
On mandolin, ukulele, accordion and guitar, the Exes are a powerhouse of charm and songwriting prowess.
Known as much for their side-splitting banter and feminist politics as their devastatingly beautiful harmonies, All Our Exes Live in Texas have had an impressive career to date.
Since forming for an O Brother Where Art Thou? tribute show in 2013, they’ve circumnavigated Australia more times than they can count, playing sold-out headline tours and almost every festival the country has to offer.
All Our Exes Live in Texas has gained a wide and loyal audience, touring with such diverse artists as The Backstreet Boys (USA), Passenger (UK), Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats (USA), St Paul & The Broken Bones (USA), Marlon Williams (NZ), not to mention Australian icons Midnight Oil, Megan Washington and Kate Miller-Heidke.
They also provided backing vocals on Kesha’s multi-platinum selling comeback single “Praying”. In 2017 All Our Exes Live in Texas won the ARIA award for Best Blues & Roots Album for their critically acclaimed debut, “When We Fall”.
In the same year they went home with “Folk Act of the Year” at both the National Live Music Awards and AU Review Awards. Songs from the album were also nominated for the Vanda & Young Songwriting Competition and APRA Song of the Year.
- “★★★★ … four singularly-acco
mplished singer-songwrit ers who together, simply gel” — Rolling Stone Australia.
With their fan-base continuing to grow as rapidly as it is in Australia, it is little wonder the Exes are turning heads all over the world.
At SXSW 2017 they were listed as one of the “Top 15 Artists to Watch” by NPR’s All Songs Considered, at Nashville’s Americanafest their performances were described as “star-making” and people are still talking about their showcase at Folk Alliance International in Kansas City.
When you come to an All Our Exes Live in Texas show, brace yourself to experience intricate musicality, heartbreaking honesty and melodies that soar from four voices that captivate on their own and come together like magic.
Add to this, whip-cracking banter and an on-stage synergy that is as effortless as it is alluring, and there’s no chance you can resist the call of the Exes sirens.
What to Know If You Go
The lawn and concession areas are open to the public one hour before show-time. The Levitt Pavilion is closed to public during load-in and sound-check.
Picnics are welcome. The Levitt Pavilion and its perimeter is a non-smoking area. Pets are not allowed.
In case of inclement weather, check back here or call our concert hotline (203-221-2153) at or after 4:30 p.m. on the day of the show for a location status update. While we have a nearby rain location for free shows, we always do our best to stay outside shower or shine!
- Free shows are BYO-Lawn Chairs or Blankets (unless otherwise indicated).
- For free shows, tickets are not required (unless otherwise noted in show description); free entry on first come basis.
- The Levitt Pavilion Lawn closes for sound check at 4 p.m .and re-opens one hour before show-time for picnicking. Lawn closes nightly after show.
- Our on-site concession opens one hour before showtime and stays open during all shows.
- Beer and wine is available for purchase. Photo I.D. required. (Beer and wine is not sold on Wednesdays.)
- Picnics and coolers are still welcome for free shows. Note: Picnics and coolers may not be permitted at some ticketed benefit events – check show information when buying ticket. Always be prepared to condense your picnic when show starts if directed to do so by staff.
- Love our Lawn! Please use trash receptacles. Do not dispose of ice or cooler water on lawn. Plastic and cans are always preferred – the Lawn is a barefoot zone!
- High tables, tents and umbrellas are not permitted.
- The Levitt Pavilion and its perimeter is a non-smoking area.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds.
- Do not stand on or walk through planted areas.
- Children must be monitored by guardians at all times. Please encourage conduct that allows all guests to focus on and enjoy what is happening on stage once show begins.
- No stage or backstage area access permitted; this includes the area directly behind the stage.
- To access our new RiverWalk, use the Shoup Path or the entrance by the footbridge at Imperial Avenue Parking Lot.
- In case of inclement weather, call our concert hotline (203-221-2153) or check back here and click on the event at or after 4.30 p.m. on the day of the show for a location status update. While we have a nearby rain location for free shows, we always do our best to stay outside shower or shine!The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts produces one of the longest running free outdoor festivals in the nation. Established by the Westport community in 1973, the Levitt Pavilion remains an independent 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization. The only way to support us is directly! Become a member or make a donation directly at www.levittpavilion.com.