In conjunction with its environmental art exhibition, “Hazardous Beauty,” Flinn Gallery presents a panel discussion: “Plastics and Microplastics in our L.I. Sound on Saturday, April 7 from 3 to 4:30 p.m. in Greenwich Library’s Cole Auditorium.
The panelists bring understanding of the polluting effects of plastics and microplastics in local waters. The discussion will be followed by a Q&A. Come early at 2:30 p.m. for the community reception.
The panel discussion features:
- Denise Savageau, Moderator and former Conservation Director, Greenwich
- Jordan Christensen, NY Coord. with Citizens Campaign for the Environment
- Patrick Comins, Executive Director for the CT Audubon Society
- Judy Preston, Educator and outreach for LISS at CT Sea Grant, UCONN
- Ed Stilwagen, Owner and Operator of Atlantic Clam Farms
- Evan Ward, Professor and Head of Dept. of Marine Sciences, UCONN
- “Hazardous Beauty” at the Flinn Gallery Examines Collision of Consumerism and Natural World
- The Future is Not Plastic in Greenwich. Plastic Bag Ban with Zero
— This announcement previously was published by Greenwich Free Press.