Parents will learn how to motivate their student and end the homework power struggle in a one-hour, interactive free parent seminar on Jan. 23 at the Depot Youth Center.
— an announcement from the Depot Youth Center
The seminar, “Seven Ways to End Homework Battles: Challenges and Solutons,” is presented by S4 Study Skills and takes place at 7 p.m. at the Depot, 25 Heights Road.
Parents will leave knowing how to support their homework practice, and how to motivate them to action to get results without a meltdown.
While there’s no charge for the program, registration is requested. Bring a friend!
What parents will learn:
• How to avoid power struggles and homework meltdowns
• Why students procrastinate, cram, and sabotage their efforts
• How to reduce stress around homework
• When to let go, and when to step in
• How to keep your student on task when they are doing homework
• Strategies to encourage, motivate and boost your student’s homework practice
For more information, please call: 203-307-5455, or email us