Tickets are on sale now for the third annual Indian Summer Children’s Festival, a fun family friendly event taking place from 12 noon to 4 p.m. at Audubon Greenwich on Sunday, Sept. 8, 2019.
There will be live music on the lawn from J & the B Sides, with sounds and dancing from DJ Dandis.
— GreenwichFreePress.com previously published this article, slightly adapted here.
Participating food vendors include BoxCar Cantina and Joey’s B’s. The event also features music, beer and wine tasting in the Audubon’s Barn for those 21 and older.
Children’s activities include:
- Sand art
- Easel painting with Future Picassos
- Milk weed bombs
- LEGO build
- Moon Sand
- Bouncy House
- Scavenger Hunt
If You’re Going …
- General admission is $20 in advance, $25 at the door. Children 3 and under FREE!
- Tickets and more information are available here.
To Benefit the Willow Project in Greenwich
Proceeds of the children’s festival will benefit The Willow Project.
The Willow Project is a community fund in Greenwich launched in 2017 after the diagnosis of Lynn Willow Gulli. The mission of The Willow Project is to harness the power of community to provide support for local families battling childhood cancer.
All funds raised go towards supporting families through the critical time of cancer diagnosis and initial treatment by absorbing some of the financial burdens brought on by the diagnosis, enabling the family to focus on the recovery of their loved one.
No family should have to face this alone. Since 2017, The Willow Project has raised over $115,000 to support the Gulli family through Lynn’s treatment. The Willow Project hopes to continue to raise funds to help local families of children battling cancer.
Family Fun Weekend:
These other events for kids and adults are going on this weekend in or near Darien:
FRIDAY NIGHT in Darien:
FRIDAY NIGHT, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY:
- Family Fun at Bruce ConsTRUCKS as the Bruce Museum Readies for a Massive Rebuild
- Oodles of Fun for Kids at the Indian Summer Children’s Festival in Greenwich on Sunday, Sept 8
- Lynn Willow Gulli is a quintessential 7-year old — the perfect combination of sassy, fearless and tender kindhearted soul.
- On Sunday, April 23 2017, Lynn’s life was turned upside down when she was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. After three to weeks of not feeling well (strep throat, fevers, lethargy, etc.) Lynn’s mom, Cindy, requested blood work through her local Greenwich pediatrician which alarmingly revealed an extremely low blood count of both red and white blood cells as well as platelets.
- Cindy and Lynn’s father, Rocco, rushed to Julian Curtiss Elementary School where Lynn was attending an ordinary day in her 2nd grade class, and drove her to Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital.
- Lynn was immediately admitted that Friday, April 21, had a bone marrow aspiration (from her hip) on Saturday, and her diagnosis was confirmed by Sunday. Within two days, a port was implanted and an aggressive chemotherapy cocktail was started.
- After one year of intensive treatment, Lynn Willow Gulli is now in remission! She still has two more years of treatment at Yale New Haven Children’s Hospital but has been able to go back to school and participate in limited activities (a win for us all!). We have no doubt that Lynn will continue to fight this fight with tremendous strength and a big heart.
Editor’s note: This article originally was published on Aug. 17. The time stamp has been changed to put the link back on the home page and in the Darienite.com newsletter.