A Darien police officer was driving a patrol car on Noroton Avenue at its intersection with Ledge Road when his car collided with another vehicle. Both drivers were taken to Stamford Hospital, although no injuries were reported.
Darien police gave this account of the accident:
On Friday Dec. 23, 2016 at approximately 2:14 a.m., a Darien Police Officer was involved in a two car motor vehicle accident at the intersection of Noroton Avenue and Ledge Road.
The officer was south bound on Noroton Avenue in a marked patrol unit, en route to a report of vandalism in the area. As the officer approached the intersection of Noroton Avenue and Ledge Road, he was taking note of approaching vehicles for possible suspects.
The officer believed he saw a vehicle entering the south bound ramp of I-95. As he continued to watch for the vehicle, his vehicle entered the intersection with Ledge Road and collided with another vehicle. The other vehicle was occupied by the operator and a passenger.
Like this article? …
- Sign up for the Darienite.com weekday newsletter.
- Like Darienite.com on Facebook.
- Follow Darienite.com on Twitter.
The officer was transported to the hospital for evaluation and as a precaution. The operator of the other vehicle complained of pain and was also transported. The passenger did not require medical attention. Both vehicles were towed from the scene.
The accident is currently under investigation by the Patrol Division.
Other recent articles related to public safety:
- When Police Pull You Over, PART 2 — What You Must Do and What Your Rights Are: Advice from a Lawyer (Dec. 18)
- Police: Two Men in a Bar Reportedly Assaulted by a Third, Who’s Wanted for Questioning (Dec. 19)
- Store Window Smashed, $375 Taken, $2,000 in Damage Done in Overnight Burglary (Dec. 19)
- Diamond Earrings Valued at $4,300 Missing After Car Washed (Dec. 20)
- Woman, 49, Struck by Vehicle in Parking Lot, But No Injuries Reported (Dec. 20)
- Bracelet Valued at $2,000 Missing From Lynn Court Home (Dec. 21)
- Darien Police Chief Duane Lovello Announces Retirement — to Leave Feb 15 (Dec. 22)