The Levitt Pavilion in Westport boasts 50 shows this summer during weekends and weeknights including some big-name acts, kid-friendly Wednesday shows — and it’s all for free.
You just have to fight traffic to get there from Darien.
The Levitt features music, dance, comedy, theater and sometimes films in an outdoor setting through Aug. 25 this year, when Melissa Etheridge performs at the Levitt for a fundraising concert.
The start of the season begins Sunday night, June 24 with a Neil Diamond tribute act that has already sold out.
This week features comics from Treehouse Comedy Club on Tuesday, the kid-friendly Pop Ups on Wednesday, Val Ramos Flamenco Ensemble on Thursday, Otis & the Hurricanes on Friday and Dr. K’s Motown Revue on Saturday.
On Sunday, July 1, the show is titled “James Langton’s New York All-Star Big Band Salutes Artie Shaw.”
On Mondays, the Levitt is dark, and it also will be dark on the Tuesday before July 4, although on Independence Day another kid-friendly act will perform: Alex & the Kaleidoscope.
- Levitt Pavilion website
- Calendar of Events at the Levitt Pavilion
- Concert Hotline: 203-221-2153
- Tickets: 866-811-4111
- Office: 203-226-7600
- Location: 40 Jesup Road, Westport, CT 06880
On some nights, the Levitt features “RiverSwing,” a series of free evenings throughout the season with a preconcert dance lesson, led by professional instructors, offered in the style of music about to be performed.
Levitt’s summer season, as well as pre- and post-season programming, always includes a selection of “Stars-on-Tour” and gala ticketed events to help underwrite the cost of its free programming, operations and capital projects.
What to Know Before You Go
From the Levitt Pavillion website:
MELISSA & DOUG CHILDREN’S SERIES 2018
Free! Every Wednesday during the Summer Season, kids rock and rule at the Levitt Pavilion
Shows start at 7 p.m. | Lawn opens at 6 p.m., and it’s on a first-come basis.
Melissa & Doug Hospitality Tents for Kids open at 6 p.m. Complimentary face-painting is available from 6 p.m. on a first-come basis — supplies are limited.
UPDATE, Wednesday, June 27:
The 2018 Melissa & Doug Children’s Series:
- June 27: The Pop Ups!
- July 4: Alex & the Kaleidoscope – 4th of July Party!
- July 11: Hopalong Andrew
- July 18: Lucy Kalintari & the Jazz Cats
- July 25: Lard Dog & the Band of Shy
- August 1: Tim Kubart & The Space Cadets
- August 8: Stacie Morgain Lewis & Friends
- August 15: The Not-Its!
- August 22: Michael & The Rockness Monsters – Back to School Special!
- Free shows are BYO-Lawn Chairs or Blankets (unless otherwise indicated).
- For free shows, tickets are not required (unless otherwise noted in show description); free entry on first come basis.
- The Levitt Pavilion Lawn closes for sound check at 4 p.m. and re-opens one hour before show-time for picnicking. Lawn closes nightly after show.
- Our on-site CONCESSION opens one hour before showtime and stays open during all shows.
- Beer and wine is available for purchase. Photo I.D. required. (Beer and wine is not sold on Wednesdays.)
- Picnics and coolers are still welcome for free shows. Note: Picnics and coolers may not be permitted at some ticketed benefit events – check show information when buying ticket. Always be prepared to condense your picnic when show starts if directed to do so by staff.
- Love our Lawn! Please use trash receptacles. Do not dispose of ice or cooler water on lawn. Plastic and cans are always preferred – the Lawn is a barefoot zone!
- High tables, tents and umbrellas are not permitted.
- The Levitt Pavilion and its perimeter is a non-smoking area.
- Pets are not permitted on the grounds.
- Do not stand on or walk through planted areas.
- Children must be monitored by guardians at all times. Please encourage conduct that allows all guests to focus on and enjoy what is happening on stage once show begins.
- No stage or backstage area access permitted; this includes the area directly behind the stage.
- To access our new RiverWalk, use the Shoup Path or the entrance by the footbridge at Imperial Avenue Parking Lot.
- In case of inclement weather, call our concert hotline (203-221-2153) or check back here and click on the event at or after 4.30 o,n, on the day of the show for a location status update. While we have a nearby rain location for free shows, we always do our best to stay outside shower or shine!
Pingback: Sugar Bear Performs Outdoors Friday in Darien Summer Nights Concert - DarieniteDarienite