Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens in North Stamford invites those who are owned by dogs (and guests of those who are owned by dogs) to enjoy a social affair at the second annual “Yappy Hour” at the “Bark”lett on Thursday, July 19 from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
Guests and their furry four legged friends can mix and mingle while enjoying complimentary beer and bites.
After a very successful launch this past June 21, Yappy Hour will continue at the Bartlett this summer.
Beer and bites were enjoyed by locals and their dogs and people expressed an interest in making this a regular feature event at the Bartlett.
Based on popular demand, a new Yappy Hour date of Thursday, July 19 was added. Aug. 16 is also scheduled.
“Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens is a fantastic hidden gem in Stamford for dog owners and their dogs to enjoy,” said Jane von Trapp, CEO of the Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens.
Von Trapp pointed out the 93-acre sanctuary has extensive trails to explore and enjoy during all seasons.
“We thought it would be wonderful to bring together dog owners to socialize in this beautiful environment,” she said.
Bring your dogs and come mingle.
Doggie Yappy Hour Rules
- All dogs must be monitored and on a 6-foot leash or less at ALL times. No retractable leashes.
- Each attendee is responsible for cleaning up his or her dog.
- Each attendee can bring a maximum of two dogs. Additional dogs require separate handler.
- Each dog must carry a current rabies tag and be up to date on vaccines.
- Participating sponsors of the event include LaRocca’s Country Market, Blue Buffalo & Co. and OPIN.
- Pre-registration is required, and a $10 donation is always appreciated.
If rain occurs, the event will take place inside the Silver Educational Building. For more information, please visit, www.bartlettarboretum.org.
Spaces are limited so register now to avoid missing out!
To follow the social media conversation on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, guest are encouraged to use the hashtag: #YappyHour.
— This article previously was published by Greenwich Free Press.