While there are 389 single-family homes for sale in Darien currently, there are only 35 rental opportunities for those not willing or ready to buy.
At the low end, there are apartments renting for $2,600 per month on the Post Road, while at the high end, there are much more luxurious homes asking as much as $45,000 per month in rental fees.
For those looking for apartment life, choices on the Post Road range from one-bedroom units in the downtown area ($2,600), to a three-bedroom apartment above Chipotle ($3,500) to new one bedroom construction above retail space in the Noroton area ($3,250 to $3,400).
Other apartment rentals include several new two-bedroom units (for those 62 and older) at the Pemberton 16 condominiums on Leroy Avenue ($3,950 to $4,700). These rentals include a ground-floor gated garage with assigned parking.
The 22 single-family rental homes on the market range from $3,500 per month for a 1,368-square-foot, three-bedroom home on Tokeneke Road and $3,750 for a 1,538-square-foot, three-bedroom home on Hoyt Street, to the 9,000-square-foot, six-bedroom home on Brookside Road for $22,000 per month and the 6,870-square-foot, six-bedroom waterfront home on Nickerson Lane at the top of the rental market, going for $45,000.
In between the two extremes, you will find twelve homes looking for anywhere between $3,850 and $12,500 in monthly rent to suit your rental needs.
Diane Farrell is a realtor with Houlihan Lawrence in Darien. A 20-year town resident, she is a board member of the Tree Conservancy of Darien. Her marketing and public relations business, Farrell Marketing and Media is based in Darien. You can reach her at email@example.com or (203) 984-0644.
Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Reports:
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: April 12 to 19 (April 19)
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: April 5 to 12 (April 12)
- Darien & Rowayton Real Estate Report: March 29 to April 5 (April 5)
Farrell on Real Estate:
- Parks Make Darien a Nicer Place To Live and Can Help Property Values (April 26)
- First Quarter of 2018 Shows Buyers’ Market in Darien Home Sales: Farrell on Real Estate (April 19)
- To Stage or Not to Stage: That Is NOT the Question in 2018 (April 5)
Darien home sales: