The Darien League of Women Voters will hold its annual Candidates’ Night on Tuesday, Oct. 25 in the Town Hall Auditorium.
An informal reception will be held at 7 p.m., with the debate beginning promptly at 7:30 p.m. This event is open to the public and sponsored by the League of Women Voters, Darien.
Candidates for the Board of Education and candidates for 141st and 147th Connecticut House of Representative districts and the 25th and 27th Senate districts have been invited to be on stage to answer questions from the audience. The debate will be moderated by Kay Maxwell, former National President of the LWV.
Confirmed attendees for the debate include
- candidates for the offices of state representative for District 141, Terrie Wood (R) vs. Randy Klein (D);
- Candidate for state representative District 147: William Tong (D)
- Senate District 25: Majority Leader Bob Duff (D) and Greg Ehlers (R)
- Senate District 27: state Sen. Carlo Leone (D) and Gino Bottino (R)
- Board of Education candidates Jill McCammon (R) and Tara Ochman (D) [the two were nominated for separate seats, so they are not competing for a single seat on the board.]
All are invited to attend this event to get to know the views of and meet the candidates for state and local offices.
— an announcement from the Darien League of Women Voters