Aquarion Water Company today announced a water main cleaning project in Darien starting Sunday, June 10 and continuing for six weeks between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The water main cleaning project is being undertaken to ensure that customers continue to receive the highest quality water.
— an announcement from Aquarion
The Darien water main cleaning project is estimated to last until Friday, July 20. During that time, customers may notice some discoloration in their water. This discoloration results from the temporary disturbance of the water flow, which stirs up naturally occurring minerals that settle in water mains.
Aquarion recommends customers store water in their refrigerators for drinking and cooking. Customers should also refrain from washing laundry if water is discolored. Before resuming use, customers should run their cold-water faucets until the water appears clear.
When and Where
The Darien cleaning schedule is 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. The areas that will be affected by the water main cleaning project are:
Week of June 10
- Phillips Ln. to Avalon of Darien (Noroton Heights Section)
- Leroy Ave. to Butlers Island Road (Tokeneke Section)
Week of June 17
- Post Rd. to Beach Drive (Stamford Line)
- Tokeneke Beach Drive to Five Mile River Road (Tokeneke Section)
Week of June 24
- Outlook Dr. to Peartree Point Road
- Five Mile River Rd. to Post Road
Week of July 1
- Noroton Ave. to Saddle Ridge Road (Backcountry Area)
Week of July 8
- Middlesex Road to Rabbit Lane
Week of July 15
- OverBrook Lane to Post Road (Norwalk Line)
Customers can access a daily schedule of the streets where water mains will be cleaned by calling 800-203-7000 or by visiting the “Alerts and Outages” section of www.aquarionwater.com.
Aquarion appreciates its customers’ understanding and patience. For questions, please call Aquarion’s Customer Service Center at 1-800-732-9678.