Each year, children, families and visitors of all ages from Greenwich and beyond have enjoyed the holiday enchantment of live reindeer and Santa in his festive sleigh at the annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival & Santa’s Village.
— an announcement from Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses
This year, as this special event reaches an important milestone, its 10-year anniversary, the live reindeer — Dasher, Dancer and Prancer — will be back again to join Santa, Nov. 23 to Dec. 24, 2018, for the 10th Annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival & Santa’s Village at the “North Pole on North Street,” Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses, minutes from downtown Greenwich.
The cherished town tradition lives on at this expansive nursery where visitors can have their photo taken with Santa, meet the reindeer, ride on the Winter Wonderland Carousel and the North Pole Express Train and enjoy the new Santa’s Village.
“We’re all very excited to host this event again this year,” said Sam Bridge. “We’re looking forward to seeing the happy smiles of the children and families as they make special holiday memories.”
Find Out More
Official reindeer ornaments, made from recycled Pepsi cans by Kenyan artists, will be for sale at Santa’s Workshop for $17.50. Two dollars from each ornament sold will be donated to Kids In Crisis. There will also be a Kids In Crisis Giving Tree at Sam Bridge Nursery throughout the five weeks.
Throughout the five weeks, everyone is welcome to visit the reindeer, thanks to Pepsi, the Reindeer Stable Sponsor.
‘We’re Back’ Party, Nov 23
Parking is free. From noon to 6 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23, the community is invited to Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses for a “We’re Back” Party to welcome the reindeer and Santa.
A ribbon cutting at noon with Mrs. Claus and public officials will officially open Santa’s Workshop for photos with Santa.
While waiting for the reindeer to arrive for their five-week stay, there will be refreshments, food trucks, face painting and balloon art provided by Faces By Wells and dance demonstrations by Allegra Dance Greenwich.
At Santa’s Workshop, sponsored by Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich, families, children, corporate groups and even pets (on leashes) can have their photo taken with Santa. Photo packages begin at $29.99 and include a gift bag filled with promotions redeemable at participating Greenwich stores.
Digital photos will also be available on USB drives with photo packages. Carousel and train rides are $4 per ride or $40 for a family package of 12 rides.
If You’re Going …
- Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses at 437 North St. is just minutes from downtown Greenwich.
- Hours for the 10th Annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival & Santa’s Village are Monday through Friday, noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses is closed on Sundays.
- Hours for the train and carousel rides are Thursday and Friday, noon to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The reindeer will depart on Dec. 22, but Santa will be available for photos from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Christmas Eve, Monday, Dec. 24.
- Everyone who has their photo taken with Santa can enter a raffle to win a prize from Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich. A lucky winner will be named on Dec. 24. In addition, children can enter the 2018 Pepsi Name the Reindeer Contest and submit their favorite reindeer names in a ballot box. Santa will announce the winning names on Dec. 20.
Thanks to …
The 10th Annual Greenwich Reindeer Festival & Santa’s Village is made possible by the following sponsors: Sam Bridge Nursery & Greenhouses, Whole Foods Market, Pepsi, Mercedes-Benz of Greenwich, Greenwich Hospital, M. H. Heaven Real Estate, Faces By Wells, Barbara Zaccagnini, AARP, Apple Ice, Connecticut Dermatology Group, LeafFilter, David Lerner Associates, Inc. and Venture Photography.
Community partners include Horseneck Wines & Liquors, Val’s Putnam Wines & Liquors and BarbaraEntertains.com. Premier Media Sponsors are Greenwich Magazine/Moffly Media and The Greenwich Time. Additional media sponsors include Jen Danzi, Westchester Parent, WAG Magazine, News 12 Connecticut, 95.9 Fox, Star 99.9 and AM1490 WGCH.
This event was created and produced by TMK Sports & Entertainment, a Greenwich-based event-marketing company.