A 17-year-old Greenwich girl went to Stamford Hospital after she became sick from drinking scotch that a Darien boy, 17, had given to her at the Darien fireworks display Friday, police said. Darien police gave this account of the matter (with accusations not proven in court):
At 10:15 p.m., about 45 minutes after the fireworks had ended, a police officer clearing people out the school campus saw the teenage girl appearing extremely intoxicated. Police believe she had thrown up. After the officer asked for an ambulance, Post 53-Darien EMS took the girl to Stamford Hospital. Police spoke with youths in the area and determined a Darien boy, also 17, was giving out liquor from a 750 ml.