Starting Friday, Darien’s COVID-19 drive-through testing site will be at the Leroy West parking lot, at the corner of Leroy and West avenues near Darien Railroad Station, the town government has announced.
The testing site had to be moved from the Darien High School parking lot because the school is getting ready for the upcoming school year, according to the announcement.
Here’s the announcement sent out by the Darien Health Department:
In an effort to provide a much needed service to residents, the Town of Darien has partnered with Murphy Medical Associates of Greenwich to offer COVID-19 testing at a drive thru clinic in Darien.
Over the past three months, this clinic, located at the high school, has safely tested hundreds of residents and provided critical information in understanding the extent of infection so important in these days of the coronavirus pandemic.
While we have had great success with the location on high school property, the clinic needs to be relocated because expanded public use of school grounds is about to begin. The location chosen to serve as the next clinic site is the Leroy West Parking Lot.
The drive-through clinic has proven to be a good neighbor in many ways. Besides the obvious service it provides to the community, many precautions are being taken to ensure the health and safety of those utilizing the clinic and nearby residents:
· Testing is done by appointment only so there is no issue with traffic and long lines of patients.
· All persons remain in their cars while being tested.
· The clinicians conducting the tests are completely protected with personal protective equipment (PPE).
· The area is bio-secure and the area is thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after each day of use.
· Tests offered are PCR or nasal swabs only. Antibody tests are not being offered at this time.
· The initial clinic will be this Friday, July 10 from 9:00 am until noon and thereafter every Monday from 1:00 to 4:00 PM and Fridays from 9:00 AM to noon.
· All persons must be prescreened and have an appointment to be tested. To make an appointment for testing, please visit www.coronatestct.com.
Murphy Medical Associates is a state of Connecticut-approved provider, licensed and approved by the state Department of Public Health. For more information about Murphy Medical Associates please visit www.coronatestct.com
Alternate testing locations in the area, some of which offer antibody testing, may be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact David Knauf, Director of Health for the Town of Darien. He may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (203) 656-7324.