The annual “Community-Wide Movie” benefiting the Darien Human Services Holiday Gift Drive will take place at the Darien Playhouse again this year at 4:15 p.m., Friday, Nov. 30.
— an announcement from the Darien Youth Commission, along with additional information about the movie
Sponsored by the Darien Youth Commission, the Darien Human Services Department, the Depot and the movie theater, this year’s film is Disney’s latest release: Ralph Breaks the Internet.
Running time of this film is 1 hour, 54 minutes. (This movie premiered in theaters on Nov. 21 — please consider waiting until Friday, the 30th to bring the whole family to this movie!!)
More About the Movie
If You’re Going …
- The movie, which will start at 4:15 p.m., is “free,” however in lieu of payment, each movie-goer is asked to bring donations as follows: a new toy, books, games, gift cards (e.g. Amazon; Barrett Bookstore; Walmart; CVS; Walgreen’s; Target; local eateries; etc.), etc. And don’t forget our teen population when selecting your gift donation. (All items should be new and unwrapped with a value of at least $15 each.)
- To get tickets, an adult should come to the Darien Youth Commission office in the Town Hall (Room 110) starting Monday, Nov. 26. Tickets will be issued for admission at this time. Movie-goers should bring tickets and gifts to the theater for admissions. (Theater doors will open at 3:45 p.m.)
- Based on availability, tickets may be available at the theater. To confirm this, call 203-656-7388 after 2 p.m. on Nov. 30.
- This event is not a drop-off event. All children must be accompanied by an adult (at least one adult per six children is required).
- Tickets and gifts are required for adult movie-goers as well. For additional information, call 656-7388 or email email@example.com.
- In the event that you are unable to attend this event, please consider donating any of the above-said items directly to the Darien Human Services Department (Darien Town Hall, Room 109)!