- This event has passed.
Darien Farmers Market
Wednesday,Nov, 14, 2018 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 11:00am on Wednesday, repeating until Wednesday,Nov, 21, 2018
Darien Farmer’s Market returns this Wednesday and every Wednesday for the next six months, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the parking lot of the Goodwives Shopping Center, 25 Old King’s Hwy. North.
The Farmer’s Market will be open, rain or shine, from June 6 through Nov. 21, 2018 — the day before Thanksgiving. Come out and see what is available.
— an announcement from the Darien Planning and Zoning Department
Don’t miss out on early season vegetables (including asparagus & strawberries), mouth-watering pastries, artisan bread fresh from the oven, fresh eggs, prepared foods, chicken, pork and beef at the opening day of the Darien Farmer’s Market.
Many thanks to Urstadt Biddle Properties for their ongoing support, and allowing the Market to continue at this wonderful, easily accessible location.
Photo of vegetables by Nanci Natale
The following information is from the Darien Farmers Market website:
- Blue Slope Farm (Franklin, CT): Local cow & goat milk, meat, maple syrup
- Gazy Brothers Farm (Oxford, CT): vegetables, herbs, flowers, and plants
- Newgate Farm (Windsor, CT): small fruits and berries, greenhouse, cut flowers, and baked goods
- Ox Hollow Farm (Roxbury, CT): hormone and antibiotic-free, pasture-raised Angus beef, pork and poultry
- Riverbank Farm (Roxbury, CT): Bay State Certified Organic vegetables, herbs, fruit, flowers and prepared foods, and seedlings
- Smith’s Acres (Niantic, CT):
- Whistle Stop Bakery (Ridgefield, CT): Baked goods prepared using local ingredients when possible
- Wave Hill Bread (Norwalk, CT): Artisanal breads and pastries, made with organic and whole grain ingredients
- Woodland Farm (South Glastonbury, CT): Apples, pears, berries and other seasonal fruit