Six Darien High School students received awards on Saturday at a statewide student conference in engineering, technology and problem solving competitions. Three of the students received two awards.
Here’s an announcement about the awards from Darien High School:
On Saturday, March 25 the Darien High School Technology Student Association (TSA) attended their first state conference and competed against high schools from across Connecticut in various engineering, technology, and problem solving activities.
The DHS TSA has been preparing for the competition for the past few months and did not know what to expect at the conference. Their dedication and hard work paid off as the members from the team were awarded nine trophies at the competition. Those awards included:
- 1st Place in Extemporaneous Speech – Clifford Blaze
- 1st Place in Prepared Presentation – Tanmay Mehta
- 2nd Place in Debating Technical Issues – Bailey O’Mara and Clifford Blaze
- 2nd Place in Structural Engineering – Barak Mustafa and John Harron
- 3rd Place in Flight Endurance – Evan Tong
- 3rd Place in Debating Technical Issues – Evan Tong and Tanmay Mehta
- Teddy Nolan recognized as a High School Senior member of TSA
“I am very impressed with the achievements that this group of bright students were able to accomplish during our debut year at the conference and I was proud to represent them,” the club’s advisor, Gregory Darin said. “We’ve learned a lot this year and I look forward growing and getting better in the future.”
The students are already discussing plans to attend this year’s national conference in Orlando, Fl. in June and planning to recruit more members to the club next year.