The 2017 Norwalk Oyster Festival will feature live music from dozens of bands on multiple stages, amusement rides, and, of course, oysters.
Friday night’s musical highlight on the main stage is the Billy Joel tribute band, Mike DelGuidice & Big Shot.
Attendees will also enjoy these other Festival entertainment and attractions: the Paul Bunyan Lumberjack Show, the Nerveless Nocks Thrill Show with motorcycle acts and other daredevil stunts, a craft beer tent with more than 40 beers, an Arts & Crafts Pavilion with items from more than 100 artisans and crafters, an oyster slurping contest, and more.
More About that Music
DelGuidice was hand picked and hired by Billy Joel himself, and is currently on tour with Billy Joel playing rhythm guitar and vocals, along with other members of Big Shot. Saturday’s entertainment will include Latin Rock Santana tribute band, Sacred Fire, and Desert Highway, a band celebrating the music of the Eagles.
On Sunday, Eight To The Bar, a colorful mix of Forties jazz and swing, Fifties jump blues, and their own swing-influenced music, will hit the main stage.
All entertainment is included in ticket prices
Food, Glorious Food
Attendees will not go hungry with a wide range of culinary treats available at the international food court provided by local non-profit organizations.
There’s a mouthwatering array of choices to please the whole family (some of it’s even healthy — but, c’mon, it’s a festival): clams, lobsters, clam chowder, lobster bisque, steak sandwiches, crab sliders, lobster rolls, clam fritters, burgers, fries, souvlaki, gyros, Greek salad, fried pickles, fried Oreos, pizza frita, funnel cake, kettle corn and, well, oysters.
There will be 40 varieties of craft beer to choose from. Don’t even think about trying them all.
For Kids: Rides and Acts
Children, those pearls of winsome, will have plenty to entertain them. In addition to amusement rides, there will be live children’s entertainment at the Kid’s Cove all weekend with circus acts by the Seaport Circus, featuring clowns, jugglers, magicians, acrobats and hula hoops artists under the big tent.
There will also be meet and greets with favorite characters form today’s most popular movies and TV shows on Saturday and Sunday. Special family and children’s packages for entrance, rides and meals are available on Sunday, Family Day.
Some Other Stuff: Events and Acts
- The Paul Bunyan Lumberjack show will be back this year: Watch champion loggers and lumberjacks show off their skills.
- A “Celebrity Slurp-Off” with Norwalk notables will be held at 3 p.m., Saturday in front of the main stage.
- The Oyster Pavilion will have artifacts from Norwalk’s oystering history and you can get up close and personal with local sea creatures in a touch tank provided by Earth Place and Soundwaters.
Arts & crafts enthusiasts can find countless creative and practical items for a variety of tastes, budgets and ages: jewelry in many mediums; woodcrafts, paintings, watercolors, photography, clothing, fabric accessories, wearable art, home decor items and more.
Prices, Hours, Logistics
Norwalk’s Veterans Park, 42 Seaview Ave. (Google map) just over the Stroffolino Bridge from South Norwalk. Use Exit 15 or 16 off of Interstate 95.
Off-site parking areas are provided, with shuttle buses to Veterans Park.
Free Parking and Free Shuttle Bus service is provided from three Norwalk parking lots.
- Calf Pasture Beach (9/8-9/9-9/10) (FARTHEST FROM DARIEN)
- Norwalk City Hall (9/9-9/10) (Take Exit 16, turn LEFT and City Hall will be on the RIGHT)
- Norwalk Community College (9/8-9/9-9/10) (CLOSEST TO DARIEN)
If you want to try parking in SoNo, just over the bridge from the park (where your walk will be longer and your chances of getting a spot less likely), you might want to take advantage of this offer from the Norwalk Parking Authority:
“Download the Parkmobile app on your cell phone and save $2 off parking at any on-street parking meter or outside lot just over the bridge in South Norwalk with the code: oyster2off. The offer is valid during the Norwalk Seaport Association 40th Annual Oyster Festival.”
All Bags Subject To Inspection!
- Fri, Sept 8 ~ 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
- Sat, Sept 9 ~ 11:00 am –11:00 pm
- Sun, Sept 10 ~ 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday 09/08 Admission – $10.00
- Saturday 09/09 Admission – $12.00
- Sunday 09/10 Admission – $12.00
- Seniors 62+ Valid Any Day $10.00
- Children (5 – 12 years old) – $5.00
- U.S. military personnel on active duty — Free (must show ID)
Family Day Special – Sunday 09/10
Special admission fee (Children Under 12 FREE with paid adult)
Kids Wristband Special
Saturday & Sunday
$20.00 unlimited rides between 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
All entertainment is included in ticket prices