The Darien Department of Public Works will conduct its annual Christmas tree pick-up program according to the following schedule:
— This announcement is from the Darien Department of Public Works.
A few important reminders:
- Christmas Trees must be at the curb by the first morning of the scheduled pick-up.
- Christmas Tree pick-up is conducted on public streets only.
- Residents are asked to refer to a Town map to determine their designated area for schedule.
- The schedule has been rotated from last year.
- Public Works does not have more specific times of pick-up.
- In the event of significant snow accumulation the program may be delayed, please be patient.
- Once collection is complete, trucks will not return until the next scheduled pick-up.
- Christmas wreathes, brush, grass clippings, garbage or other materials with not be collected.
- Christmas Trees with bags, netting, stands, or lights will not be collected.
- Residents with valid RDA stickers may still bring Christmas Trees to the dump.
- This information is posted on the Town of Darien web page at www.darienct.gov
- Collection on weekdays only.
- The Department of Public Works can be contacted at 656-7346.
Editor’s note: This article originally was posted Dec. 26, 2016. The time stamp has been changed to put the article back on the home page.