- This event has passed.
Parent Workshop: Seven Ways Parents Can Help Their Students Succeed
March 30 @ 7:00 pm
The Darien Depot and S4 Study Skills invites you to a free parent workshop: ”Seven skills all students need for a successful transition to a new grade,” at 7 p.m., on Thursday, March 30 at The Depot Youth Center.
The workshop will cover key study principles; goal setting/time management, note-taking, active reading, active listening, question generation, using graphic organizers, summarization and test preparation strategies.
What You Will Learn
- What are the 7 skills all students need to be successful in school?
- How should they prepare for tests?
- How can your student eliminate distractions when they study?
- How can your student avoid feeling overwhelmed?
- Should your student study for a subject all in one shot, or over time?
- What can you do as a parent to support your student?
There is no charge, but registration is requested.
Bring a friend! More info: http://s4studyskills.com/depot/