- This event has passed.
The Community Impact of Opiates
March 17 @ 7:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Join an important discussion about the impact of opiate addiction on our community.
Experts in prevention, treatment, and law enforcement will address the challenges of how to effectively alleviate suffering, battle the stigma, understand the legal consequences, and develop preventative measures against one of the most dangerous drugs of our day.
A dynamic panel will be moderated by Counselor/Pastor Stuart Knechtle, Mdiv, MA, MFT/MHC, who oversees mental health marriage and family counseling at Grace Community Church Grace Community Church.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Rod Khattabi, Grace Farms Foundation’s director of safety & Justice Initiative advisor
- Dr. Frank Bartolomeo, PhD, director of behavioral health services, Southfield Center for Development
- Devin McCrossan, an inspiring speaker and leader on the topic of substance abuse
- Martin Brault, MS, CAC, LADC, a licensed alcohol and drug abuse counselor
- Alina Reynolds, assistant United States attorney for the District of Connecticut