- This event has passed.
7th Annual Harvest Table
November 12 @ 11:00 am - 2:30 pm$100
New Covenant Center’s Fall “Harvest Table” fundraiser will feature a silent auction, Harvest Market food demonstrations, a “Golden Ticket Raffle” and a harvest lunch.
The event takes place from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 12 at the Hyatt Regency, 1800 East Putnam Ave., Greenwich.
All proceeds of this seventh annual event go to New Covenant Center in Stamford.
Admission is $100 per person, plus one nonperishable food item to help stock the New Covenant Center food pantry. Last year, all tickets sold out, so consider buying yours soon.
The guest speaker will be Cecily Gans, executive chef and owner of Main Course Catering & Events. Cecily is also the culinary arts instructor at Staples High School in Westport.
More About New Covenant Center
From the website:
- New Covenant Center (NCCenter), formerly known as New Covenant House of Hospitality and operating under the programmatic umbrella of Catholic Charities of Fairfield County, Inc., opened in 1978 as a soup kitchen “to help the neediest in greater Stamford meet the most basic need for food in a dignified and respectful environment.”
- This founding principle still drives our efforts. Over the last 38 years, we have evolved to be one of the largest soup kitchens in Connecticut and the only one in the area open 365 days per year, providing three meals daily. We also now operate one of the largest food pantries in the state and the largest in Stamford.
- With our recent move to a larger facility in Stamford, we are executing on a strategic plan to include program components that address a broader range of basic needs, with the aim of helping those we serve overcome both food and economic insecurity. In this way, NCCenter will have even greater impact.
- Over the past few years, annual output in our soup kitchen and food pantry tripled to 700,000 meals, serving approximately 3,300 unduplicated men, women and children.
New Covenant Center now has not only a soup kitchen and a food pantry, but also has a job skills program and life coaching, and the center has a new facility allows it to offer a shower, laundry and barber services. Its dedicated medical room is available to provide basic medical care, inoculations, and screenings.
From the website:
- Our whole team is committed to New Covenant Center’s mission to provide basic living items and services, combined with longer-term solutions that focus on self-sufficiency to those in need.
- We will treat each individual man, woman and child as our guest with respect, dignity, compassion and empathy. And we will do it in a safe, trusting and welcoming environment.