A Miles Road woman told police on Saturday, April 22 that money was taken from her bank account in two withdrawals made in New York City.
The woman, 48, said a total of $8,000 was taken out in two withdrawals that she saw once she got her TD Bank statement.
Police said there was no evidence of any local criminal activity related to the withdrawals, and TD Bank was looking into the incident.
Avoiding identity theft
See also, these identity theft cases from February to now:
- Darien Man Informed of Identity Theft, Cancels Two Fraudulent Transactions (April 26)
- Identity Theft Attempted Against Darien Man, 35, With 3 Applications for Store Credit (March 22)
- Darien Resident a Victim of Latest Identity Theft Related to an IRS Tax Scam (March 20)
- Darien Residents Report Attempted IRS Tax Scams with Stolen Identities (March 19)
- Bank Cards Stolen While Woman at Store, Gets Texts About Suspicious Activity (March 7)
- Identity Theft and Potential Identity Theft Cases Reported by Darien Residents (March 5)
- Two Unauthorized Charges from Darien Woman’s Account Leave a Trail (Feb. 26)
- Alleged Identity Theft from Both Sides: Darien Victims in Two Cases, Arrest in a Third (Feb. 6)